|The desk before I painted it|
|I used Behr paint with primer. The color is called High Drama and is the same red I painted Charlotte's dog bed.|
|Close up of new hardware. Its simple but very elegant.|
|After the paint dried I used a flower pattern and traced it onto the top of the desk and then filled the design in with black. I wanted to add a touch of nature to the desk but keep it very simple.|
After everything was dry I was planning on sealing the whole desk with a clear polyurethane to keep it shiny and durable, but it started raining before I had a chance too. So the next nice weekend I will finish sealing the desk. I also plan to paint my dresser the same color and design as the desk. They are in the same room and I think it would look more put together if they looked like a set.
The desk and dresser are part of my new designs to pull together the whole look of my bedroom/craft area. I am almost finished with organizing/decorating my room and then I will share photos of the whole project.