July 03, 2012

Garden Journal: July 3rd

 Yesterday I FINALLY got to play in the garden and get everything ready for the summer.  I have been so busy lately I haven't had time to barely even water.  Good thing for me its been raining all spring.  Pictured above are a few containers that I revamped by removing all the spring bulbs that have died back for the year and replaced them with some plant the hummingbirds will enjoy.  The smaller pot has hyssop, coral bells and a purple sweet potato vine.  The large container has cape fuchsias from last year, million bells and multi colored lantana.

I reorganized the patio area in back and put my orchids outside for the summer to help them rebloom in the fall.

 The gnome corner.  I moved a blue-green plant stand outside and bought a plastic top for it to use as a bird bath.  There is a momma and baby scrub jay that have been visiting the back yard and taking baths in the fish pond.

The Japanese maple is still doing great in its pot.  In front the lilies are budding up and should be blooming soon.

 Earlier this spring I added a border around my fish pond and added some really interesting flowers such as this geum plant that is up front with peachy colored blooms.  I also have a pineapple lilly and a white cape fuchsia.  Everything is growing fast and filling in this spot.

These are last year's lights.  I moved them because we kept tripping over them and now they light up the pond area at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...